Sabre Plant and Marine Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and we want to be clear about how your data is collected and how it is used. We recommend you read and regularly review this policy as it contain information about:
• The personal information we collect about you
• How we use your information,
• How long we store your information, and
• Who your information may be shared with
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Who We Are
Sabre Plant and Marine Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will not share your data with third party marketing bodies and your details are held securely by us and/or our data processors. Your information may be held in electronic or physical formats. We will not transfer or store your data outside the European Economic Area.
Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide To Us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
• Contact names within your business and/or owner name of business
• Trading/ business name
• Email addresses within your business
• Business/trading/delivery address
• Number of years trading
• Bank Details
• VAT number
• IP Address
• Company registration number
• Telephone/Fax number
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
• Registering for a credit account
• Making purchases
• Making payments
• Requesting refunds
• Receiving account statements/ invoices
• Making enquiries using this website
Personal Information Provided By Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources. This information may include:
• Credit/New Account application form
• Credit references
We will add this information to the information we hold about you for the following purposes:
• To check creditworthiness;
• Checking for possible fraudulent activity;
• To confirm the customer trading status.
Personal Information You Provide About Third Parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
• Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data and,
• Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf
How We Use The Information We Collect
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
• Identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us; process your order and enquire and analyse your purchase preferences.
We may share your information with:
• Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We will only share your information for the following, if explicit written consent is received:
• Manufacturers (this may include but not limited to warranty claims and shipping).
Keeping Your Information Secure
We will use up to date measures to keep your information secure. These measures include the following examples:
• All data is stored on secure servers
• Payment and shipping details are encrypted using SSL
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using our website and or emailing us, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet or email.
How Long Your Information Is Stored
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes(s) for which it was provided. What this means in practice will vary between different types of data. When determining the relevant retention periods, we take into account factors including:
legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
• statute of limitations under applicable law;
• potential or actual disputes; and
• guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we erase your personal data from our systems when it is no longer needed.
What Rights Do You Have?
Right To Request A Copy Of Your Information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
• Email, write to us or complete a “Subject Access Request Form”
• Supply us with proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence, national identity card or passport and a letter from your employer with their letter head), and
• Let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Right To Correct Any Mistakes In Your Information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold, if you would like to do this, please:
• Email or write to us.
• Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, name of business).
• Let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right To Ask Us To Stop Contacting You
You can ask us to stop contacting you. If you would like to do this, please:
• Email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
• Let us have proof of your identity and address, and
• Let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or using the details below.